Performance Pistol Dynamics
Performance shooting is all about speed and accuracy. Shooting fast isn't that hard, shooting accurately isn't that hard, combining the two sets the intermediate shooter apart from the novice. Being able to dynamically blend speed and accuracy to meet contextual variables is what defines the advanced performance shooter.
The fundamentals of speed and accuracy are universal in shooting, whether you are carrying a pistol for duty and self defense, or are strictly a performance or competition shooter. While this is class will not be about "tactics" there will be great applications on both sides of the fence.
This is not a competition class in the sense that we will spend the class living within competition rules and learning about different divisions etc. But, if you want to learn how to be faster and more accurate in order to succeed as a competitor this class is for you.
This class will cover the techniques of efficiency which create speed including how to get the fastest draw possible. Other primary areas of instruction will include mental and visual processing, transitions, moving between shooting positions and shooting on the move. The class will end on day 2 with a USPSA style stage competition. This class is instructed by USPSA Master Class shooter & SpecTrain instructor Billy Barton.
IMPORTANT: This class is not intended for beginners, and should not be your first training class. It is critical that students have already built sub-conscious competence with firearms safety and have a firm grasp on the fundamentals of marksmanship. To give an example of recommended skill level, students should have a draw time of below 2 seconds and be able to consistently get A-zone hits at 20 yards. This class is designed to help shooters hone and take an existing skillet to the next level.
Basic Gear List:
- OWB holster and mag pouches or competition rig recommended. If a shooter is already proficient with an IWB positon such as AIWB and prefers to use an EDC holster that is acceptable as well.
- A full size pistol with a minimum capacity of 15 rounds is recommended.
- Enough magazines to carry at least 60 rounds on your person.
- We expect to shoot at least 1000 rounds over the two days.
- Athletic footwear with an aggresive tread recommened. Note that the Tactical Farm's red dirt may never compeletely come out of said footwear.
-$25 Range Fee
-We will begin promptly at 8:45.
-Full gear list and exact location will be emailed upon registration.
-By entering payment information and completing an order you are certifying that you are of appropriate age for this training and that you are a U.S citizen who is legally allowed to possess a firearm.
CLASS CANCELATION POLICY
- If you cancel 30 or more days before the class date you will receive a 50% refund.
- If you cancel 14-30 days before the class date you will recieve a 25% refund.
- If you cancel less than 14 days before the class date we are not able to offer a refund.