2-Day Level-Up Performance Pistol
This course is great for anyone wanting to get faster, and more accurate in any practical shooting context. This is not a "competition course" in the sense that will not spend a bunch of time going over competition rules, divisions, or skills that are totally competition specific. We will however use USPSA style stages as our testing ground for the skills that we develop in class, and will also review stage planning. I believe stage planning and visualization skills are crucial for any shooter that wants to be elite, as these skills are required to establish accurate consistent baselines when evaluating techniques.
Primary Areas of Instruction Include
- Fundamentals deep dive, emphasis on grip, trigger control and vision.
- The formulas of speed and accuracy on targets of varying difficulty including differing aiming schemes and trigger control technique. (This culminates in the Billy Drill Standards with a chance for the Speed Up & Get Your Hits patch).
- The Draw Stroke, including a discussion of the scoop vs snatch draw, and Billy's hybrid draw.
- Advanced Target Transitions including blending transition styles through targets of differing difficulties, and correct prioritizing of speed vs. accuracy on target arrays.
- Stage Planning.
- Efficient movement between and through shooting positions.
- Shooting on the Move
Also included: post class after-action footage review for each indivual shooter with feedback on your fundamentals and stage run.
IMPORTANT: This class is not intended for beginners, and should not be your first training class. It is critical that students have already built sub-conscious competence with firearms safety and have a firm grasp on the fundamentals of marksmanship. To give an example of recommended skill level, students should have a draw time of below 2 seconds and be able to consistently get A-zone hits at 15 yards. This class is designed to help shooters hone and take an existing skill-set to the next level.
Basic Gear List:
- OWB holster and mag pouches or competition rig recommended. If a shooter is already proficient with an IWB positon such as AIWB and prefers to use an EDC holster that is acceptable as well.
- A full size pistol with a minimum capacity of 15 rounds is recommended.
- Enough magazines to carry at least 60 rounds on your person.
- We expect to shoot around 1000-1200 over the two days.
- Athletic footwear with an aggresive tread recommened.
-Full gear list and exact location will be emailed after registration.
-By entering payment information and completing an order you are certifying that you are of appropriate age for this training and that you are a U.S citizen who is legally allowed to possess a firearm.
CLASS CANCELATION POLICY - Since our founding, SpecTrain has only canceled one class (due to COVID lockdowns). If we are ever forced to cancel a class again, a full refund or credit towards a future class will be offered. No refunds will be given for class tuition due to a student being unable to attend. With at least seven calander days notice, we will extend an equal value credit towards a future class. Without prior notice, no future credit will be issued.